Get Started
PSU students on campus

Credit for Military Experience & Training – Future Students

Veterans and servicemembers who are students may be eligible to earn Penn State credit for military training, educational experiences, and/or experience in a military career specialty. Penn State uses the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations as a guide when determining if credit can be given for military experience or training. You will need to provide your Joint Service Transcript (JST) and Community College of the Air Force Transcripts for this assessment. Information on how to obtain these and how to start the assessment process can be found on the Undergraduate Admissions Credit from Military Experience page. 

For additional information on gaining credit for military experience and training and other methods of gaining credit, please visit the Military and Veterans Prior Learning Assessment page.